Guildford Borough Council Offering Business Grants
Guildford Borough Council offering new business grant scheme. The full details are below. We can help you to apply for these grants, please get in touch for more information and assistance.
Guildford Borough Council’s business development grants scheme supports Guildford based companies delivering projects that will help drive growth and productivity, increased sales and create or retain jobs in the borough.
The scheme is delivered through nominated business support partners who are as follows:-
- The Surrey Chambers of Commerce
- The Set Squared Partnership
- The Enterprise M3 Growth Hub
- Enterprise First
- Experience Guildford (Business Improvement District)
- Surrey Hills Enterprises Ltd
Businesses that apply must be:-
- Located in the Borough of Guildford
- Be an SME with less than 20 employees
- Can display a strong business plan and proof of aspirations to grow and where grant funding will unlock projects
3. KEY FEATURES OF THE SCHEME
- The maximum grant available under this scheme is £3,000 per company, and only one grant per company is allowed in the funding period (currently just April 2018-March 2019)
- As funds are limited, grants will be approved on a first come first served basis, although GBC retains the right to ensure that a good range of sectors from the full range of business support partners have the opportunity to apply.
- Grants will only be considered where the application form is endorsed and signed off by the business support partner above.
- Grants must comply with EU State Aid rules. A De Minimis letter needs to be signed by the applicant confirming that they comply before the Council will commit to a grant and the grant beneficiary indemnifies the Council against any claims of breaches in State Aid that affect the Council.
- Grants may only be used for revenue costs such as for example, marketing, professional fees, training or the cost of attending trade shows, but not for purchasing physical assets
4. COMPLETING THE APPLICATION FORM
- Please provide full details of your registered business address to allow Guildford Borough Council to enter you on their finance system
- Please complete the application from in conjunction with the business support partner.
- It is important to confirm details confirming your eligibility
- It is important to draw out the benefits you expect from your business from accessing the grant and when you expect these results to be forthcoming
- GBC will endeavour to approve the grant as soon as possible following receipt.
5. Drawing down your grant
- Assuming the grant is approved, once the expenditure has been incurred, please submit your invoice to GBC either in hard copy or electronically to Chris Burchell in the Economic Development Team at Guildford Borough Council – email@example.com (Phone -01483 444329)
Guildford Borough Council
- The grant invoice must be accompanied by copies of bonafide paid invoices from the supplier who carried out the work. Pro forma invoices are not allowed.
- The grant must be drawn down no later than six months after approval
- The grant must not cover retrospective expenditure (that incurred prior to approval of the grant)
- The award of grant will only be paid if the attached De Minimis declaration is signed and returned
- The grant will only be paid if the feedback from has been completed and submitted at the same time as the claim