EM3 Jobs Fuse - Supporting individuals and employers during the Coronavirus pandemic
What is it?
EM3 Jobs Fuse has been launched to help employers and individuals with employment challenges during the COVID-19 pandemic. This is a joint service created by Enterprise M3 LEP, Enterprise M3 Growth Hub, The Education Development Trust (a prime contractor for the National Careers Service) and the Department for Work and Pensions. The aim is it will help match skills and employment opportunities as new and replacement needs arise as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic
I am from an employer in the Enterprise M3 LEP area how can it support us?
- It will connect employers who have urgent vacancies with individuals across the LEP area who are available to start work while also listening to employers who have to make redundancies to see if there are opportunities for their staff arising in the region.
- The service is available to local employers due to make redundancies who can contact a dedicated telephone number to find out about the careers advice and additional support available to staff.
- In addition, the service promotes local vacancies to individuals across the area who are immediately available to start work.
- For further information call 0808 196 3596 or email the dedicated inbox JobsFuse@educationdevelopmenttrust.com.
I am a resident and/or employee in the Enterprise M3 LEP area how can it support me?
- EM3 Jobs Fuse will also support those who have lost their jobs or whose job has been affected during the crisis through its dedicated telephone enquiry service which offers free, impartial and professional advice to job seekers including practical aspects such as CV writing and access to training.
- Jobs Fuse offers support to those whose jobs have been affected by the coronavirus pandemic through its dedicated telephone enquiry services - which offers free, impartial and professional careers advice and guidance - including practical aspects such as helping people understand their skills, explore job opportunities as well as local labour market information and access to training.
- For further information call 0800 100 900 or email the dedicated inbox JobsFuse@educationdevelopmenttrust.com.
I am from an education or training provider in the Enterprise M3 LEP area how can it support us?
The advisers have access to a live database of education and training provision ranging from short, non-accredited courses right the way through to postgraduate-level study. However, a database is only as good as the information you put into it!
Where you have courses that you would like included on this database, please send the following details to Sarah Jenkins, Area Manager North Hampshire & Surrey, Education Development Trust: firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Name of education / training provider
- Postal address for provider
- Website address for provider
- Website address for course page(s)
- Contact email address (for promotion)
- Contact telephone number (for promotion)
I am a resident parent/carer of a young person OR offering careers support to young people in the Enterprise M3 LEP area how can it support me?
The National Careers Service has adapted the service to protect everyone, providing free and impartial careers information, advice and guidance. This includes supporting young people and their parents to help make informed careers decisions.
Professional careers advisers from the Service provide tailored support, individualised for every individual - from helping them understand their own skills and strengths through to taking their next steps.
To make a free telephone appointment with an impartial careers adviser, please call 0800 100 900. Lines are open 7 days a week between 8am - 10pm.