UK Transition Support
The transition period ended on 31 December and new rules are now in place. The UK is no longer part of the EU Customs Union and Single Market.
As a first step, you should visit gov.uk/transition where you can use the checker tool to quickly identify the actions that your business needs to take. The checker tool will ask you questions about your business and provide all the information you need to be aware of such as new rules on:
- Importing and Exporting
- Moving goods to and from Northern Ireland including Trader Support Service
- Travelling abroad for work
- Hiring staff from the EU
You can help prepare your businesses for the new rules by using a number of support mechanisms provided by the Government:
- Sign up to receive updates on the specific actions you need to take once you've used the checker tool at gov.uk/transition
- Sign up to receive the regular Business Readiness Transition Bulletin an email newsletter providing information on major announcements and recently published guidance
- Sign up for upcoming live events and also access the webinars on demand here.
We understand that this is a challenging time and encourage you to take action to avoid interruption to your business operations and to take advantage of the opportunities that being an independent trading nation will bring.
If you have specific support needs that you'd like to speak to the Growth Hub about, please do contact us.
We are here to support businesses across the M3 corridor with the information needed to prepare for the UK Transition.
Please see below links to the government resources. Contact us to be added to our event distribution list, or for any questions.
Changes for businesses and citizens
Travel to Europe
Travel to the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein will change from 1 January 2021. There are more things to do if you're travelling for business. For example, going to meetings and conferences, providing services (even with a charity), and touring art or music.