SEPnetSummer Placements 2021
Do you have a project/work experience for a physics or maths undergraduate or PhD student?
SEPnet (South East Physics Network) is a consortium of university physics departments - Hertfordshire, Kent, Portsmouth, Queen Mary, Royal Holloway, Southampton, Surrey, Sussex and Open University.
SEPnet organises over 70 summer placements a year for all 2nd and 3rd year physics and maths students at the above universities and is seeking 8-week plus projects in industry or research in areas such as data analysis, mathematical modelling, product design and testing or science communication.
Who can apply?
The scheme is aimed at any organisations interested in recruiting physics or maths graduates, or who can offer valuable business experience, including large companies, SMEs, start-ups, research institutions, charities and NGOs.
Benefits to employers
- Early access to bright, numerate students with excellent problem-solving and IT skills
- Enables you to carry out projects you would not normally have time for
- Provides a fresh perspective on your business challenges
- All advertising, administration and placement support is handled by the SEPnet team
- Some funding available for SMEs
- Read our short placement case studies
What employers have said:
‘Verysatisfied with the whole process, organised and straightforward, with goodstudents.'
‘We took SEPnet students for the second year running and have been veryimpressed with the calibre, their capabilities and the general high standard. Foryour records we have just made a permanent job offer to one of the students…'.
For more information visit SEPnet Summer Placement Scheme - Information for Employers - SEPnet or email email@example.com
Register your placement project, or projects, online here by Friday 12 February. Early projects will be prioritised.