Small businesses are often subjected to regulatory restrictions, with fines and other penalties for non-compliance. These regulations can be researched for your particular business below.
It's now easier than you might think to keep up with employment law and regulation, as many rules and processes have been improved and simplified. The Great Business website covers many of the important areas, such as the statutory requirements for National Insurance, payroll and pensions, but also guidance on health and safety at work, holiday and sick pay and employment contracts. Visit the Great Business website here.
The below resources will help you find out about regulations affecting you, and how to minimise the impact of these on your business whilst ensuring your compliance.
- Licence Finder - Find out whether you need a licence for your business activity
- Primary Authority - If your business operates across several local authorities, you only need to follow the advice and guidance of one. Primary Authority provides assured advice from a single local authority, ensures consistency of regulation and reduces duplication of inspections and paperwork
- Red Tape Challenge - Check to see which regulations that affect your business have been changed or removed
- Business Companion - Free, impartial legal guidance for businesses that sell goods and/or supply services to consumers
- Product Safety - Check what regulations may apply to your product
- Export Licences - How to find out whether your goods are controlled and whether you need an export licence
- Employment law and regulation - This section covers the statutory requirements for National Insurance, payroll and pensions as well as guidance on health and safety at work, holiday and sick pay and employment contracts.